View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #26
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Another bug. Out of memory, if I interpreted the logs correctly.

I tried to upload 1200 ePubs to my Xoom (Jelly Bean). After around 580 ePubs CC crashed and keeps crashing even after reboots. Have managed to transfer a few more, around 600 ePubs, after that it seems that CC hardly works at all. Just crashes. Seems to be out of memory. I have sent logs using google feedback. Hope that is enough?

Plenty of room on the device. Seems to be RAM problem?

Exception class name: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
You have most definitely pushed things far further than I expected. I am not surprised that it is running out of ram. CC loads the metadata into ram to do sorts. For performance reasons it loads cover thumbnails at the same time. Clearly if someone is manipulating 1000s of books we cant do it this way.

Next week when I have reasonable network access I will look at implementing cover caching. That will help keep performance acceptable for mord normal use cases while extending the number of books that can be kept in the device's library beford running out of memory.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote