View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 05:10 AM   #20
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
I agree that The Name of the Rose is very good. (But I wish I could read it in Italian.)

I sort of expected that Christie would figure a lot in this thread, but I have always found her books tedious because of the cardboard characters. I prefer crime fiction that includes characters that are interesting in themselves and not just their situations.
Yes, you are right about Agatha Christie, but for me she was the one to invent the detective with funny personal habits that is still one of the trademarks of the genre. I am not sure if this perception is valid, there could have been earlier rolemodels as those by Agatha Christie (Poirot, Miss Marple) but hers seem to be the most influencial ones on the genre.

Or am I mistaken?
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote