View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@africalass - the free 3G was what mainly swung it for me, it is brilliant when travelling overseas particularly to being able to check mail without the hassles of finding a wireless point. To be fair everything other than collection handling I am happy enough with. I know some would like EPUB support but Calibre handles the MOBI conversions fine. The screen is outstanding and glare free, the lighted cover has worked really well and it has loads of storage. The keyboard could be improved but it does in a pinch and I only use it for web surfing anyway.

But how it handles collections/sorting is definitely in the amateur category compared to the Sony from what I have seen others describe. It could be fixed in firmware if they decide to do something about it of course. Whether they will bother and instead wait for a new model is another thing...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote