View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 12:26 PM   #39
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Exclamation Ah-hah ! The truth is revealed !!!

Dingdingdingding - we have a winner !:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
We perhaps have less need for extended warranties in Europe than you do in the US, in that EU consumer law provides buyers with considerably more protection than I understand to be the case in the US.
Just so HarryT and well said and explained.
Here in Amerika we are the world's beta testers for every kind of krap from junk electronics to cars with no brakes to poisonous artificial sweeteners.

I know folks with 40 year old (yes - 40 !) blenders, washing machines, refrigerators, ranges and even a dryer or 3.
Buy a new one today though and if it is a small appliance you get a 30-day pat on the back; large....ummm...dare I say it - better get that extended thingy.

"Let the buyer beware' is practically a diety here, for any who care.

Makes me wonder how many of the incredibly strongly worded opinions cited above came from folks here vs. there...?

Best Wishes.

mark
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote