View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I'm using 15.1, yes.
I installed it and got a couple crashes and was ready to go back to 14.2 when the word got out that a fix (15.2?) was due real.soon.now. So I waited...
Still...
...waiting...
I get about a crash/hang a week.
Which is...almost tolerable... but only because my first eink reader was/is a BeBook. So I'm used to regular crashes. Compared to the BeBook, 15.1 is a rock of stability.
Compared to 14.2? Not quite. I can see how it got out of Beta, though...
Everytime I get one I think about going back to 14.2 but since it means a full recharge first, I put it off...
Anyway, I live in 15.1 but I don't use ADE much.
I tried the new sizes and they're well-chosen but you can't get rid of the side numbers or the status bar, much less both as I prefer.
And since there's no way in... heck... I'm going to reward Adobe for hijacking epub I don't buy Adobe-drm'ed ebooks and I have no real need for ADE except when reading Calibre-captured magazines which are slavishly formatted for ADE's quirks and interpretations of the spec.

YMMV.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote