Thread: Literary We by Yevgeny Zamyatin
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #22
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
It ties in with the attitude of the United State about poetry. It is only "good" and valuable if it is also productive and supports the status quo. Of course, the greatest poetry is often that which interfaces with ideas that are uncomfortable, upsetting, even dangerous--in that they question an accepted convention.
Absolutely. Great art is sometimes great because it teaches us something about ourselves - and not always what we wanted to know.

I'm glad I'm getting more out of this book through discussion. I might not have made some of the connections I'm now making. We are not an island.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote