View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I wish something would at least happen for us to talk about in the meantime! I guess I'm getting a bit 'board.'

The iLiadites used up a lot of good ideas for time-passers; what to read first, what size to make pdf's, that whole 'invite' business, and of course the venerable 'meditation thread' -- I'm trying to think of other stuff to kick around.

Frogsmasha had the idea of memory card hunting, which was a good one, but it didn't take long for a crew as sharp as this one to find some really rock-bottom prices.

It's funny, we've actually got better info on the Sony, in some regards, than we had on the iLiad before release ... well, before HenryCat got hold of one, anyway. But that makes it hard to come up with stuff to discuss until we get new information to chew over. (sigh) That's why I was so excited when I found what I thought was a new (to us) article, I suppose.

It does give us confirmation that Sony has made at least one unit that gets a week's use on a single charge.

I was just reading back through the article, and noticed that it says $250-300 for a price range -- last I heard it was looking more like $350 for MSRP -- I wonder if that lower number accurately represents a lower price than we're expecting, or if it's some sort of miscommunication between PC Mag and Sony. PC Mag is usually pretty reliable, as these things go .... (I want a "shrug" smilie!)

61 Days 'till October 31st (based on PC Mag's comment in their video of "late October" )
Attached Images

Last edited by NatCh; 08-30-2006 at 06:12 PM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote