View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #16
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Wish I worked in a cubicle. I'd have peace and quiet to read BBC news without the entire office being able to see me skiving.

Going back to the first post though, it does make me think. Every time new technology comes out we try to say "This is what we can use it for. It's PERFECT for it! See how good it is! We've totally owned that particular task now!" yet be it 5 or 15 years down the line we look back and laugh and think "How on earth did they make us swallow that". So what's got me thinking is will we look back in 20 years time at eBooks, or web forums, or whatever and think "Haha, we thought we had it. Just look at us back then." In other words, are we deluded, do we think we've got it made, but we're really kidding ourselves?
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote