View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(me makes note to self : save all questions about medecine and biology for DiesOutHere).

Hi DiesOutHere and let me add my welcome to all the previous ones !

my reading tastes also change depending on what is going on in my life. good luck with your divorce ; please don't hesitate to come and spend some time relaxing in the lounge with us to change your ideas. you might also be interested in the "vent and rant" thread it's very cathartic, and you can complain about whatever is bugging you all you want : that's what it's for.

since you say you're using a mac, i recommend you take a look at calibre ; it's a free library management and conversion tool (and rss aggregator) developped by one of our brilliant members, Kovid Goyal. it works on a mac ! and for the sony, i recommend getting epub books. it's the new industry standard format and hopefully in the near future it will finally topple the tower of e-babel made of all the incompatible formats. it will also work on your iphone using stanza, so you might already be using it. if in the future you do get a kindle, drm-free epub books can be trivially converted to mobipocket format using calibre (or the desktop mobi app, but that doesn't work on a mac, alas), which you can read on the kindle.

take a look around, download some of our wonderful free ebooks, don't hesitate to ask questions. enjoy the site and your new sony !
Hmph!

Welcome to the madness, DiesOutHere. Great place and good, if somewhat fickle friends.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote