View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 10:22 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiesOutHere View Post
Zelda:
Please send me all your medical and biology questions! I love to answer questions and feel smart! I teach the MCAT and GRE for Kaplan and tutor math and chemistry to middle- and high-school students. Teaching and tutoring are all about answering questions!
thanks ! good to know.
Quote:
I have Calibre on my computer (it's how I ended up at these forums). I'm slowly learning how to use it. Epub has thrown me so far. For example, Catherine Wilson has posted free books of hers on this forum. I downloaded the epub format, but I have no idea which file in the folder is the one I want.
wow, calibre even before you found mobileread ! clearly you're a natural. hmm... it sounds like maybe you unzipped the file ? (epub is actually just a wrapper, like a zip archive, with several files inside it : the xhtml for the text, css for the style rules, ncx...) normally an epub should just have an .epub file type and there should only be one file. if you got what looked like a zip archive, and opened it, the zip was probably the epub file itself, possibly renamed (if you change the extension from epub to zip, it behaves exactly like a zip archive). take a look in our free ebook library here, in the epub format section : there you can see a few examples. you just download the file (there should only be one), and slide it directly onto your sony, or else load it into calibre first and use that to send it over. no unzipping / opening necessary, and all the files stay together. let us know if you get stuck.

Quote:
It looks like Morse code in your signature. Is it?
yep.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote