View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:14 AM   #9
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy81 View Post
I have installed it and loaded the book I'm currently reading on it. It synced to the last page I read automatically. I still prefer reading on the Kindle itself. I think it will be very convenient to read a few pages when I don't have my Kindle with me.
I've plowed a few bucks into Kindle format reference books of various ilks and I've already transfered some of them to the iPhone. Erica Sadun's iPhone programming book for example is kinda handy to have on the iPhone.

But I miss the 5 way navigator, clipping, annotation and search features. Digging around inside the reference tomes is a bit awkward right now.

They've clearly tried to target it as a "casual reader" compared to the Kindle's more in-depth support for research etc...
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote