View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have a Kobo Mini and 2 Paperwhites. This might not be the most useful comparison but it's what I have. I find the Kobo to be far more customizable but I still do most of my reading on the Paperwhite. I keep short stories on the Kobo and use it for that.

I did install extra fonts on my PW and I did find one I preferred to it's built-in fonts. I don't recall which it was now. This was on one of the Paperwhites, to try it out. I went back and forth between the two Paperwhites for a while and soon decided that, while I did prefer the new font the difference was so small it was hard to really care. I've since removed it because I prefer my devices to be stock.

I've been reading about the new Kobo Aura and wondering if that might be something I'd like even better. I really like the idea of the flush bezel. I may eventually get one to try it out. I haven't decided yet. What holds me back are two things: the Amazon ecosystem is just so good that no-one can compete with it. And that the Paperwhite is so very good that even if I like the Kobo better, who cares!

I realize I'm jaded. The Paperwhite is perfect and I find myself lusting for perfecter. Should I give in to that?

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote