View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #311
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
My partner is a voracious reader. Hundreds of books a year. Tough to ensure quality control when a pile of them are freebies. (She enjoys chatting to author-types seemingly).

She began reviewing them for something to do and did mention to one author (politely) about the sheer volume of spelling errors in one of his/her works.

He/She (I forget) replied with a VERY acerbic and inappropriate tirade of abuse.

So... "Snobbery?"
No. Come one, come all...

However, having access to the actual author allow this kind of insecure projection to happen. We will stick to "dead people" for a while.

Personally I am still struggling through my first book of the year... A page a day, whether I need it or not.

(Ash, James Herbert, great by the way)

Cheers for listening.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote