View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #32
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
My GSam Battery Monitor shows that GSam Monitor uses 0.7% of battery energy and Audible uses 0.2% of battery energy. They are NOT what is causing your problem.

My System, Kernel and Appstore use 18% while the Screen uses 50%. WiFi uses 9%. Amazon MP3 uses 4%.

Use GSam to identify what IS your problem.

Even WiFi is not really a big problem. On my KFHD7-32 I get 7 hours of use with WiFi off and 5.5 hours of use with WiFi on. On my PW I get 12 hours with WiFi off and 10 hours with WiFi on. When WiFi is off, I still turn it on for syncing for a moment.

Since WiFi use is really very low, I'm leaving it on all the time now with occasional turning it off in the night when I sleep if I remember it.

If you use G3, then it will be a large battery hog. That will require a different strategy. Even there if you just charge every night, you won't notice any problems.

If you leave WiFi on all the time and Amazon does a firmware upgrade, there will be a large drain since it has to reboot after the upgrade.

I have a hunch your Screen Dim is the culprit. The KFHD7-32 has an AutoBrightness feature which uses almost no power and uses the camera lens to adjust brightness automatically to the amient light. Screen Dim is unnecessary with the KFHD7-32 while may have some use on the KF1G which does not have the AutoBrightness feature.

ScreenDim is necessary! If you use it in the dark you must have if you don't want to burn your eyes. KFHD has autobrightness.

All I know is the results I have after force closing audible. I don't use Gsam anymore. HD battery works fine for me. Thanks anyway. I am quite happy with my results.
new is offline   Reply With Quote