View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hieronymos View Post
Did anybody find an effective way to clean the screen?
Can I assume that the screen is real glass? And from there can I use normal window cleaner?

Anything better than window cleaner? I don't know - ... something readily available like lime juice or vodka? Any house recipes?

I have an LCD cleaning pad - made out of plastic, with a kind of polster on it, but the cleaning solution is expensive as hell at the rate that my fingers smear around on the display...
Commercial solutions are often made for compatibility with plastic screens as well, so that's why I'm wondering if somebody else has a better solution.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

White vinegar and distilled water is the best glass cleaner around. It will remove grease/wax/oil (like the oil from your hands...) but not harm any glass (etch) or decompose plastics and carbonates. Use 1 part white vinegar to 3 parts water. Wet the micro-fibre cloth (not saturated) BEFORE you wipe and do not spray or dribble fluids onto the Vox screen or any computer screen, or monitor. That is the proper 'tech' way to clean a projection surface. A tip, make a first very lite pass with your cloth, and turn it over...make another lite pass, so as to remove any debris that might scratch the surface if you start your orbiting cleaning movements across that surface, and in fact, trap the debris (dust, hair, micro minerals/dirt, etc) between the cloth and surface...thereby sandpapering it!

The above will keep all your monitors, laptops, and other 'lookers' like new. Also you should use this cleaning agent on your ear cups of your headphones after each use. Why?...because you excrete oil and salt onto your skin (finger tips, earlobes...) and if left on surfaces...will eventually break those synthetics down with need to replace the pads.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-01-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote