Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #1688
Huku
Huku began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
Temporally hack for Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4-5.4.4 and Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation 5.4.2-5.4.3 with "English (United Kingdom)" interface:

Paperwhite
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_534.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_535.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_536.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_538.zip (also works on 5.3.8.1)
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_539.zip
update_fonthack_0.4_pw_544.zip

Paperwhite 2
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_542.zip (also works on 5.4.2.1)
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_543.zip

- The changed size of a font at reading mobi-books (Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
- The changed size of a font at reading kf8/azw3-books (HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The changed size of a font in the panel of search (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The switched on reflow-mode for pdf-documents (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The changed margins at reading mobi/kf8-books and pdf-documents (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The reduced height of the bottom progressbar (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar).

More details in a Readme_eng.txt file...
Help please,
I have Kindle PW2 with 5.4.2 . I installed the jailbreak easily. Then I downloaded update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_542.zip. First I installed only the Margins hack - update was successful but after restart there I could not find the JBPatch "book" anywhere. Then I installed Margins hack and one of the fonts hack (2_21-35). Again "update successful" -> restart. And again I cannot find how to start JBPatch (tried cover view and list view). Then I noticed that my Kindle is English US instead of English United Kingdom, so I set to English United Kingdom restarted Kindle, then once again installed Margins hack and fonts hack. Unfortunately again I cannot find the JBPatch "book" to start JBPatch interface. Is it something obvious I am not doing right? Please help. Here is the last log of installation:

Start install: Wed Apr 2 21:18:50 GMT+3:0100 2014
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: move: Backup exist, skipped. Replace old file (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: manage: Setup hacked file permissions (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: move: Backup exist, skipped. Replace old file (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: manage: Setup hacked file permissions (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: move: Backup exist, skipped. Replace old file (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: manage: Setup hacked file permissions (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: move: Backup exist, skipped. Replace old file (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar)
OTA_install: level I: manage: Setup hacked file permissions (/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar)
Complete install: Wed Apr 2 21:19:00 GMT+3:0100 2014
Huku is offline   Reply With Quote