View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
I'm in for A Passage to India, as I said on another thread. As for future book choices, would it not be a good idea to favour titles which are (1) free to download and (2) available in all formats? I'm thinking of what's available at Feedbooks or manybooks.net ... for example, FB have A Room with a View, but not Passage, because it's still in copyright.

That way, nobody would be excluded from joining in. We could also post selected comments and reviews at FB/MB, with links back to the discussion thread. This would introduce a lot of people to MobileRead, and might encourage some to investigate dedicated ebook displays more thoroughly -- lots of FB and MB users read their books on mobile phones and PDAs.
Please do not forget, Richard, that copyright laws are different in different countries. A Room With a View is indeed in the public domain in the US, but nowhere else in the world, since Forster only died in 1970. It is only the US's unique law that pre-1923 works are PD regardless of the date of the author's death that places it in the public domain in the US. For you or I, living in the UK, A Room With a View is very much under copyright protection and will remain so until 1st Jan 2051.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote