View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Thanks to all of you. This was helpful.

After reading the Wiki I learned that it's illegal to strip DRM from eBooks where I live and since I believe in the rule of law, I won't be doing it.

That makes the problem of getting recent books even harder. If I have to use Mobi on a device like the BeBook, things like the recent release of The Lord of the Rings have me worried. It seems to be available only from Amazon and only in Kindle Mobi format, and I understand that Kindle is the only device that can render books with that DRM.

I may be reading this wrong, but the usual stores I go to don't offer The Lord of the Rings for MobiReader. If this is a clue to the direction things are going, I seem to be caught in a double bind if I want to get the 5-inch BeBook.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote