Thread: epub3 Reader
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I share your doubts. I've taken my "wisdom" from this post in the German subforum:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=367

It is about the latest final firmware 2.1.2. The translation of one of the bold lines goes something like this:

A new version of Adobe Reader has been ported, that even supports EPUB 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
Adobe has not announced any public plans for support of ePub 3. The next version of ADE (1.8 or 2.0 depending upon what they decide) does not contain support for ePub 3.

The current version of RMSDK (9.3.1) does not contain support for ePub 3 (but does have have support for Ruby and other things needed to properly render CJK documents).
Well, given what was just posted (and quoted here), Pocketbook is very wrong and I hope the truth comes out so people don't buy one thinking it does support ePub 3 when clearly it does not.