View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I'll have to set aside time to look at the format to consider if we can display all of the data.

The short answer is this is doable. The resolution and zooming is the issue in the long term I guess
Yeah, displaying a 12-bit grayscale image on a 4-bit grayscale display will be a bit tricky.
Certainly will never get FDA approval for the Kindle as a medical display device.

But doing something like a sliding 4-bit window over the 12-bit resolution, along with a "resolution zoom" might make it a useful viewer anyway (I.E: say a sliding 8-bit window that does an 8-to-4 bit dither, or 12-to-4 or ... -- sorry, I had to use that word: dither).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote