View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
I have an iRex DR800, I'm quite happy with it, but I'm considering to get something with bigger screen for academic reading (DR800 in landscape mode almost does the job). I'm also reading fiction and found DR800 great for that, but I finally decided to leave DR800 to my parents and buy myself a new one.

So which one do you think it's suitable for academic reading and some fiction also? The ability to install FBReader and Xournal is a plus. From what I've been following on the forums, Onyx Boox M92 (please note that it's not M90 which is extremely buggy) would be a better choice than PB 912, considering its Pearl screen. Ectaco Jetbook is also out soon, so would that be a better choice than M92?
Hi Catharsis, I have a PB903 and I am very happy with it, but obviously I've voted with my fee, so I am partial. I'd strongly encourage you to have a look at teh very good series of video comparisons by jsbach - there he compares te M92 to the PB903, and considering that the PB912 is a 903 without 3G, that should be a good starting point for you. He also has other stuff here:
http://baach.de/lost-thoughts
paola is offline   Reply With Quote