View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #16
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I love seeing people's approach to creating a story. My approach would be this - first of all, I would develop software that would help me plan my approach to the story..........
You may jest, but...<ahem>...<points>...The Journal

That's pretty close to what happened.

I started keeping a journal in my early 20's because I had read writers should keep a journal. I figured it would be good "writing practice". In my late 20's, I designed and developed The Journal to make journaling easier, with an eye to building a tool that I could use for writing. Finally, in my mid-30's, I started using my software to write books and stories.

In the past couple years, a friend of mine who is also a software developer with a dream of writing did something very similar. His software, StoryBox, is now available, and he's using it to write his next novel.

So, yeah, that happens.

Scary, no?

-David
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote