View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #55
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
The above statement in bold holds mostly true for only Sony-PRS-505/700 users and I would have wished this limitation did not exist.

I view .epub as an ultimate ebook source format and cringe when I see the resulting .html (xhtml) included therein as output by Calibre (no offense intended) in accordance to the ADE limitation.

[RANT]

I know the switch --profile="None" exists (and am grateful Kovid has allowed this), but IMHO it is a shame to have this source format be "butchered" i.e. somewhat arbitrarily split, so as to meet this minuscule limitation. I mean what happened, so as to not use MB or GB capacity or storage, since 300KB... KB, I mean, is so 1990's!!!!!!!

[/RANT]

I'm not shooting the messanger, but just the imposer of the limitation!
Nick, my friend, I know that you feel strongly about this limitation, but let's be honest: This 300KB rule is not Kovid's and he has only implemented it because there ARE a lot of Sony readers around. The Bebooks seem to have still more problems with epubs (as far as I have heard) and so epubs would be limited to PCs and Iphones and we surely don't want that.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote