View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #58
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
A well-informed tech industry investor would know AAPL is a $300 or less stock. Always has been.
Investors inflated a bubble and now the music has stopped and some are left without a chair. My heart fair bleeds for them.
Stock market speculation isn't for the faint of heart.

I just want to know in what universe they think they live in that the maps debacle, the XGA screen of the Mini, and the growing obsolescence of the MAC didn't factor into *their* expectations.

Me, I factor all those mistakes and look at the outcome and I have to say; "Day-amm, their brand loyalty rocks!"
At $300, what is AAPL P/E? I think it's 10 at $450. Seems cheap in a vacuum. I won't pretend to be a well informed investor. I agree with your second point. AAPL has had a LOT of bad news of late. The problem with brand loyalty, is that people die or become satisfied -- both hurt sales.

I like anecdotes, so here is one for you...

When I bought my 286 computer it cost $1500. I bought it because it was as much computer as I could afford and would tide me over until the price of better computers fell. When I replaced that with a 486, I spent $2100 on the computer for the same reasons. I just paid $400 for an i5 computer. I could have afforded an i7, but I didn't need it. I may never buy another desktop. I'm just satisfied. This is good for me, but scary for Intel, Lenovo, and Staples. I suspect a lot of iToy users are pretty satisfied. That has to be scary for Apple.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote