View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:00 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLDS View Post
We've gone a bit eReader crazy here lately with the kids so I'm in the position of being able to compare three (actually four) eReaders and am wondering if any of you have noticed the same:

The Kindle Keyboard and Kindle Touch displays are virtually identical. The non-Touch Kindle has a darker gray background so it had less contrast than the other two. Have any of you noticed this or do I have a less-than-perfect NT?

I also got nostalgic for my old PRS-505 so I found one in blue that was NIB. I loved the design of the Sony but the screen is nowhere near as nice as the Kindles.

I actually prefer the NT Kindle to the Touch except for the display. I find that the touchscreen interferes with the whole "disappears in your hand" thing. The Sony had that down pat with the page-turn button in the lower left of the device.

Now if I could only get a pearl display in the Sony . . .
There's a whole thread here on the K4 having contrasts issues.

Sony's T1 may be the reader you want. It has pearl and alot of nice features.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote