View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #24
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
When I turn page with the forward or backward buttons, the display is refreshed only periodically (I have not changed the setting). But if I turn the page by swiping the screen, the display is refreshed every time.
Not sure if intended, but this behavior is the norm. It is not a big deal to me, as I use the side buttons to turn page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
I have disabled the accelometer because as I read a lot in a bus while commuting in a bus. Occasinally when the bus shakes, the display turned into landscape mode. Easy to return back to portrait, but annoying. Well. You can turn the screen in landscape mode even when the accelometer is off. Try this: Turn the accelometer off. Enlarge the font or turn page by a swype AND simultaneously turn the unit sideways. You should be able to get landscape mode after few tries. The problem is that returning it back to portrait mode is not so easy: you have to try to do this again or then go to settings, turn accelometer back on and let it turn the display itself. Then back to settings and turn the accelometer back off. The latter way is easier.
Nope, what you are describing is not a bug.

Even with the accelerometer off, you can easily turn the orientation, but you are probably doing it the wrong way. You can rotate the screen orientation by touching it with two fingers: one that keeps touching the same point and the other one describing a semicircle around the first one. The direction of the gesture (clockwise or counterclockwise) decides the screen rotation.

Please read the manual (it is pre-loaded on your Odyssey).
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote