View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
1st, Sigil is a great tool and has many fine features that help fine tune any epub. That said there was a new feature added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
I have an ePub book that has left and right margins that are too wide for me. I've gone to Page Setup in Calibre and lowered the values all the way down to zero but it makes no change at all when I open the book on my Kobo.
What version of calibre are you using? As of 0.7.51 those margins should be zeroed out automatically. I tested this with a epub book that had left and right margins and it worked fine in eliminating the original margins.

Quote:
Release: 0.7.51 [25 Mar, 2011]

New Features
  • Conversion: Detect and remove fake page margins that are specified as a margin on (nearly) every paragraph. This can be turned off via an option under Structure Detection, in case it removes margins that should have been kept.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-26-2011 at 11:00 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote