View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #39
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
I don't have issues reading on LCD (or LED especially). Plus for academic reading I seldom read more than an hour or two in any give stretch (and fairly seldomly do more than that in a day) as it has to be done between teaching and other research related tasks).

So I'd trade off the e-ink/e-paper reading benefit for getting the flexibility of being able to do lag free markup, quick page turns to skim through a document, internet, video etc. an LCD/LED display personally.

If you're a bookworm, read for hours on end, and have eye strain issues/need for super long batter life then my hypothetical tablet wouldn't be for you.
With possibilities like Pixel Qi, it's hard to imagine having to choose between one and the other. You get the speed, you get pretty power savings, you get reflective mode and backlighting...the only current problem I can see is if someone demands a different aspect ratio than what is presently available.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote