View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #37
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by -read- View Post
How important is text readability on this hypothetical tablet?
I don't have issues reading on LCD (or LED especially). Plus for academic reading I seldom read more than an hour or two in any give stretch (and fairly seldomly do more than that in a day) as it has to be done between teaching and other research related tasks).

So I'd trade off the e-ink/e-paper reading benefit for getting the flexibility of being able to do lag free markup, quick page turns to skim through a document, internet, video etc. an LCD/LED display personally.

If you're a bookworm, read for hours on end, and have eye strain issues/need for super long batter life then my hypothetical tablet wouldn't be for you.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote