View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #350
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgn View Post
I have a similar issue with the -n parameter where the Kindle becomes horribly slow with occasional crashes when reading a document. The reason I'm experimenting with -n is because I want to be able to highlight documents. The source PDF is text and not bitmap so OCR should not be necessary, right?

I also noticed that with -n the font on Kindle is much smoother which I'd prefer, but right now it's impossible to read the documents because of the slowness.

Regardless of the shortcomings k2pdfopt is a huge improvement over PDF to mobi conversion or reading PDFs as is on Kindle. Cheers.
Try using the -mode fw option instead of just -n. See my native PDF help page.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote