View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I'm sceptical. The problem is not with "Samsung not managing the apps" - that's done by the Android Framework and Samsung are very unlikely to alter that. If an app eats CPU all the time, it will do so on a Samsung device or any other Android device. Android has what's call "wake locks"; while an app holds a wake lock the device will not suspend (enter deep sleep mode); a misbehaved app could hold and not release a wake lock, causing quick battery drain. Such an app would misbehave on any Android device, the app manager built into Android does not kill apps based on how much CPU they use, but based on how many resources (memory) are available; background apps will be killed to make room for foreground ones.

That's just it. These apps become unresponsive on the player not on other devices. I have these apps on my phone with no issues but they just bring the device to a stand still till they are close. It's not the apps it's the device. It just can't handle these apps made for newer tablets. Apps do not close properly on the SGP5 that is what I suspect is the issue. They get stuck and stay there and can drain the battery if you don't catch it.

Some apps that get stuck on the Player are Kindle, Slacker, Browser and Facebook. It doesn't happen all the time just randomly except for Slacker which does it every time. It suits my needs but doesn't handle alot of open apps well but if you careful to close them and keep watch what is running you can keep the player working okay.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote