View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

No not yet. They originally said the replacement would ship approximately between October 17-24. I initially had 1-day shipping on the defective unit, but they only gave me 2-day shipping on the replacement. I found out about the 2-day shipping a few hours after talking to CS. I called them again today and asked if they would bump up the shipping to 1-day and asked if there was any way they could get me a replacement before the end of October. The CS rep went off to check and came back with a good deal. They bumped up the shipping to 1-day and upgraded at no cost my PW WiFi only SO to a PW 3G (no SO) in order to ship it sooner. Apparently they have/had some extra ones whereas the WiFi models are on backorder. He wasn't sure of the exact ship date but said, "Our replacement team will e-mail you shortly with details about your replacement Kindle order." He also put that in the email he sent after we talked. So I might still have to wait a while to get a replacement, but at least I got a $80 upgrade at no charge. My attitude is a little better now after hearing that.