View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #15
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
H. Beam Piper, a science fiction author.

He was a somewhat popular author in his day, but not popular enough to make a living at writing (he killed himself because he was broke and couldn't sell any more of his writing, apparently).

His politics would probably rub a lot of people the wrong way nowadays (and back then, even - he'd be at home at a Tea Party event), but pretty much define his works. Every time I read his most famous novel, Space Viking, I can't help but thing it's very very relevant to today.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47980

(His work is out of copyright in the US, but I guess not Canada? Go figure. Gutenberg has it, as do a lot of places)
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote