View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i wasn't sure of that myself so i checked wikipedia. i found this information :

Quote:
Œuvres posthumes
L'article L. 123-4 précise également : « Pour les œuvres posthumes, la durée du droit exclusif est celle prévue à l'article L. 123-1. Pour les œuvres posthumes divulguées après l'expiration de cette période, la durée du droit exclusif est de vingt-cinq années à compter du 1er janvier de l'année civile suivant celle de la publication. »
Cela concerne les œuvres littéraires et artistiques (textes, livres, musiques, dessins, peintures...) mais ni les interprétations, ni les films qui sont soumis à un régime spécial.
translation :
Posthumous works
Article L. 123-4 also specifies : "For posthumous works, the length of exclusive copyright is the one indicated in article L. 123-1 [= death + 70 years]. For posthumous works divulged after the expiration of that period, the length of the exclusive copyright is 25 years counting from the 1st of january of the civil year following the year of publication."
This concerns litterary and artistic works (texts, books, music, drawings, paintings...) but neither performances nor films are subject to a special law."

(emphasis mine)

so presumably, if it were first published 50 years ago, it's been in the public domain for the past 24 years.

however, this is french law ; unless i'm mistaken, it wouldn't apply to, for instance, a canadian resident...

also, i'm not a lawyer, so all standard precautions and disclaimers apply.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote