Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #87
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
This is really strange.

I take from what you and jgoguen say that the tags look something like <span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.1.1"> and that the class koboSpan is not declared in the css. Since I do not use the class koboSpan (I have only <span id="kobo.1.1">) and my epub.kepubs honor the text-align declaration, I guess that this makes the difference. Maybe it helps if you add the class koboSpan to the css and define the text-align as inherit. Something like

Code:
.koboSpan
{
	text-align:		inherit;
}
Edit: Sorry, I missed your last post. Are you sure that the kepub engin does not honor center in paragraphs?
The way I understand it from my day job as a web developer, if I add the koboSpan class and it changes how the rendered text appears, either there's an existing style for .koboSpan or the kepub reader handles these tags differently. With no styles applied, you shouldn't be able to tell from reading the book whether the kobo tags are there or not.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote