mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Looks like I need to clear the app space. Can someone tell me
The diff between the two (app and internal). Best to explain to me
What dirs consist of app space and internal.
The only way to clear up app space is to delete from the "manage app" area. Just try to get rid of a few big ones that you don't use often or if it an app that doesn't need to store data, you can only install it when you need it.

App Storage is like your primary hard drive that has your OS as well as all of your programs stored

I do not know how Amazon stores the apps that you download, but do not install. I assume they would delete them, but I'd never found out where.

Internal space is like your secondary drive that holds your media and uninstalled app apks (among other things)

Quote:
Where are those apks located? If I delete them will I be able to dowload them again for free since I got them as free app of the day and it may not be free now.
Amazon keeps track of what apps you have gotten in the past and will let you download them again any time you want, don't be afraid to let them go.

I do not know where the uninstalled apps are located, as I have never found where they are stored, can anyone else shed some light.

Either way, you don't need to worry about that because Amazon puts their downloads on your internal storage anyway and you have plenty of that. One thing to make certain of is that if you have other app down loaders to make sure that you choose to download the apps into the bigger storage area (or else your completely screwed because IDK how to delete from the app space)

Last edited by mokel22; 08-07-2011 at 09:11 AM.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote