View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
polarbearx
polarbearx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Covers Missing on Fire HD8 & HDX carousel

My ebook covers all download from Calibre to Fire HD in mobi formatjust fine (all ~5000 book covers are on bookshelf and carousel). However, the new andriod operating system for the Fire HD8 and HDX does not like some covers on bookshelf and no covers on the carousel. I reconverted books from mobi to mobi and the ~10% amazon grayed covers sent to device before arrived with colorful covers ... on bookshelf but still not on carousel. As Kovid Goyal recommended, I converted about 100 books to AZW3 and sent to Fire HD8 and about 2% of the covers did not reach the book shelf (grayed covers) and again none on the carousel. If my Fire HD can handle ~5000 covers on the bookshelf and carousel, seems like these more powerful units could handle the load. The workarounds that are out there don't seem to work all the time and certainly have not for me. I know, I know - just read the books. But if something is suppose to work it should work (not sure at all who that is aimed at but something is broken). I do like the Kindles and I would not like to change devices.
polarbearx is offline   Reply With Quote