View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #7
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Their physical stores are a hot mess. The last time I was in one was late last summer and I was not impressed. Too much stuff that wasn't books and the book prices were full retail. My teenage barbarian will only read "book" books i.e. physical books so the occasional trip to B&N can't be avoided. Even he realizes that the book can be purchased for significantly less online.

I wonder how much longer B&N will last?

Really though what do you expect?? The e-reader has virtually destroyed bookstores. So I dont know what else they are expected to do. Of course they are going to sell more than just books. Even in BN heyday they sold stuff besides books. I have been shopping at BN since the mid 90's and they are not much different than they used to be. Its the consumer that has changed and unfortuantely theres not much BN can do to regain those lost customers. They have pretty much tried everything.

As for book prices I see tons of books at sale prices or reduced. Dont know why you think all the books are full retail.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote