View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #21359
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I had a friend that moved back to the Philippines because she just couldn't get use to not having servants do everything for her. She didn't like that a daily housekeeper cost as much as all her servants together in the Philippines. She was use to a groundskeeper, gardener, handyman/general errand, chauffeur, maid, housekeeper, cook, laundress, seamstress, and general house servants. I couldn't believe she had no idea how to do anything or wanted to learn. She did love to read.
We had the same ... at first... when we lived in Thailand. Lasted about 3-4 months. But we couldn't stand having so many people around all the time! Our housekeeper had her own apartment on the grounds, but we let go all the others. Then the gardener would come in twice a week, and I preferred to do the cooking myself, except for lunch. Our housekeeper was a fantastic cook and would make our lunches for us, each day a different Thai meal.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote