View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #34
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v0.2 Beta

Changes in this release:
  • Add option to add/update calibre jackets
  • Add option to remove non dc: metadata elements
  • Add option to remove iTunesArtwork files
  • Rename Select none to Clear all on dialog

The adding/updating of jackets was an interesting one. At the moment I have made a couple of assumptions. Primarily that the "output profile" you choose is the same as that set in your Calibre default (unlike when you do a conversion you have the option to override this). If further down the track this is seen as something you may need to also override in this plugin then I can add a dropdown to the modify dialog.

Similarly you do not have the option to manually "override" stuff like title and authors like you could do with a conversion. So it uses the metadata you have in your library which is the same that a conversion would default to.

The removal of non dc namespace elements is in response to the request above. This removes some of the obvious traces of a Calibre conversion or editing in Sigil etc. I can't think of a reason to use this other than if you were publishing your ePub but as it sounds useful for that alone I have included it.

As I mentioned above I still need to be convinced on the iTunesArtwork files needing to be treated differently to the plist files, as I don't have an example ePub which includes the artwork in the manifest. For now at least it is a separate checkbox you can choose in this plugin. If there is some publishing standard/application that does create such manifest entries for iTunesArtwork files and someone can PM me a link to an ePub example or post the .opf manifest then I will enhance this to ensure any such entries are also removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1_Options.png
Views:	425
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	72082  

Last edited by kiwidude; 06-26-2012 at 01:56 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote