View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomposity View Post
Nice puzzle! So here's my attempt (I've tried to hide it so everyone else can keep trying independently):
Completely right in your analysis (including the red herring). I'm not sure you've actually given a completely correct answer in the specifics.
Spoiler:
Remember that the Governor's speech was given in the evening and prisoners can only apply to be released between 11am and midday.

To further appreciate the problem, you might like to consider exactly what information the governor gave away — after all, I've told you that there were 45 green and 55 blue, so all the prisoners already know that there were both green and blue ink prisoners...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote