View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #869
sheenk
sheenk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for your reply!

It did work after recharged, the problem is all the documents were lost, so i tried to reboot it and it's stuck in the Kindle Tree. Not sure if this was caused because of the dead battery or numerous files (i subscribed to some news feeds).

I flashed both the diags and diags kernel downloaded from the same post, they should match each other. And i also tried diags and diags kernel from other posts, none worked.

I can successfully mount the device as a network adapter and assign IP, dose that mean diags SSH work?

One odd thing is after flashed the kernel and diags, i run the command "fastboot setvar bootmode diags", then run "fastboot getvar bootmode", the result is "bootmode: main", after "fastboot reboot", it will try to boot into the main system instead of diags, so i have to reboot into diags with MfgTool. Not sure if this is normal.

Inputs and outputs in cmd window as follows:

D:\fastboot_win_public>fastboot flash diags_kernel diags_kernel.img
downloading 'diags_kernel'...
OKAY [ 0.224s]
writing 'diags_kernel'...
OKAY [ 0.274s]
finished. total time: 0.499s

D:\fastboot_win_public>fastboot flash diags mmcblk0p2.img
downloading 'diags'...
OKAY [ 2.830s]
writing 'diags'...
OKAY [ 3.521s]
finished. total time: 6.351s

D:\fastboot_win_public>fastboot setvar bootmode diags
setting 'bootmode' to 'diags'...
bootmode diags:
finished. total time: 0.009s

D:\fastboot_win_public>fastboot getvar bootmode
bootmode: main
finished. total time: 0.002s

D:\fastboot_win_public>

Another odd thing is after boot into diags mode and mounted Kindle as USB device, i deleted all files in "documents" and "music" folders, and copied "mmcblk0p1-main.img" to Kindle. After reboot, the deleted files were restored and "mmcblk0p1-main.img" became a 0 bytes file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
A dead battery is not "bricked". However trying to flash different firmware with a discharged battery could certainly brick it. It was probably NOT bricked when you started, but it certainly could have gotten bricked by attempting to debrick it unnecessarily (and unsuccessfully).

Why did you decide to debrick it instead of just charging the battery on a wall charger for 20 hours?

However, it sounds from your description that diags SSH should work. Did you flash the matching diags kernel?

Last edited by sheenk; 11-17-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Inputs and outputs in cmd windows added
sheenk is offline   Reply With Quote