Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #132
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm not certain why that expression would match instances with spans or text inside the anchor tags. It shouldn't really.

You might try:
Code:
<a class="([^>]*?)" id="([^>]*?)"></a>
instead ... just to check.

But I can't get your expression to misbehave, really. It seems to do (for me anyway) what you've intended it to do. Can you give any examples of code it's matched that you don't think it should match?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote