View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhofb View Post
  • The device freezes whenever I insert my SD card (even my empty one).
  • For some insight, I have a 4GB "Gigaware" 2 Class SDHC here from radio shack. I just formated the card and everything, yet it still isn't working.
  • When I read a book and hit the "Back" key, the device freezes for a second and then takes me all the way to the home screen. Oddly enough, the cursor keeps going to the "Sign Into Google Ebooks thing".
  • EDIT: Now when I hop out of a book, it freezes. It keeps saying I was last reading the "Story HD User Guide"
Those could be bookDB related. Try deleting the bookDB.* files in the system folder.
Quote:
  • Whenever I reset the device by holding the off/on slider, it does reset the device, but the blasted thing changes the time and date as well.
  • I have disabled the wifi after my updates as well.
The time resetting is a known problem - it syncs the time when you connect to the internet though.

So I suggest you sync the time first and then delete the bookDB.* files and then see if it works better or not.

Did you put a lot of books in internal memory? It may cause problems if it's full. I suggest you put all books on SD card instead, if possible.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote