View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #64
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
If we want to emulate a pbook with our ereaders, then I consider that the ereader's bezel performs a similar function to the margins in a pbook, thus there is minimal need for additional margins in the screen display. Kobo, give us back the choice (please!).
But I don't have a differently colored bezel around my books. So for me it does not really perform a similar function (except for having something to hold onto without covering parts of the text I want to read).

I also can't stand to have the text too close to the bezel since I find that distracting.

Fortunately we already have options for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
But if I were forced to have all that data either superimposed or on some reserved space of my screen at all times, I would not be happy with it.
I would not be happy with that in movies, either. But in a book it doesn't distract me at all.

Can't explain why. Like I can not explain why I don't like hyphenation on my reader while I don't mind in printed books or why I don't like justified text on my reader while I find left aligned text in printed books ugly.

Quote:
Now with electronic devices it's like TV's, we should have access to that extra info but it should not be forced on the screen whose primary purpose is the text we wish to read. So forcing it makes no sense whatsoever, while making it optional would make everyone happy...
This!

Give us options!

Last edited by Jaden; 05-10-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote