Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #34
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
Well back from my trip and I still just don't know. The battery level was reading low 80's, I went to read one morning when my youngest son woke me up at about 6:30am. I got about a sentence in after waking it and it told me it needed charging. I plugged it in for about 20 minutes and it still claimed it still wouldn't turn on. I pulled the power cable and it booted then, claiming 0% charge. I plugged it back in and a couple of minutes later still 0%. 10 minutes after replugging it, it was up to 38% and told me 100% charge about 15 minutes after that (about 45 minutes or so total charge time). The charge light was still on despite 100% charge (it was for about 3-4 minutes after claiming 100% charge).

I immediately rebooted it after unplugging it when the charge light was green and the settings display claimed 100% both.

Its been slowly dropping since then (Sunday morning). However, I have also been reading probably an average of 90 minutes a day since then. It was around 95% as of Thursday morning. I was 88% when I got back from the trip with no reading, but there appears to be an explination.

I was in Florida with nice low 70's temperatures and at home it is around 67F on my thermostat. That combined with when I pulled it out of the outer pocket of my backpack, it was sitting on the slide to wake screen, that explains that drop to me. I am hoping that only happened as of when I pulled it out I "crushed" the cover enough to hit the n/power button to cause it to wake. Worse case it was like that for about 24hrs since I loaded it in to my car for the drive.

So that is going to throw off my battery life test this time around (again), but it seems more promising, especially since I rebooted immediately following a full charge instead of several hours afterward the pervious time.

*agnostically praying* I just really need 2 weeks (or more). Give me 2 weeks and an accurate battery reading (within 10% anyway) and I'll be happy. Please or pretty please.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote