View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #37
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyr1 View Post
Does anybody have a black page (total black) in mobi. I wonder if you load this as a book and display it, you might be able to see any and all pinhole bleed-through. I bought two; got them yesterday one had a really bright pinhole and a second which is barley visible. The 2nd PW seems almost flawless. Maybe something near the bottom but that is why I would like a black page in mobi format to test.
The real test for pinholes and whether one bothers you is to read. If they don't bother you then don't worry about them. Pinholes don't seem to move around or get bigger, so if they don't mess up your reading then I wouldn't worry about them.

If you still want a black background though, the easiest way to do this is to create one in a JPEG and view it on the PW2. Make it at least 768 x 1024 px. The older Kindles could view JPEGs as standalone files, not sure if the PW2 can. If it cannot, then create a simple HTML file with the JPEG at fullscreen dimensions and then email it to your PW2. Amazon should convert an HTML file into a mobi via this process.