View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #39
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Patrick O'Brian is a wonderful writer, but where's the love story?
lol, I was still editing Harry! That's my problem, I post too fast and before I finish thinking! heh.. Well there are two in there, Villiers and Maturin, and Jack and Sophie, they're just not heavily romantics. I came back to suggest more strongly the Dunnett of the two.

Dunnett and O'Brian are kinda like a dirty little secret to historical fiction fans. Sort of like Tolkien must have been to fantasy fans back in the sixties and seventies, where they knew eventually the world would discover him. Someday the world will discover what exceptional writing these two did. Dunnett's work is dense, complicated, hard to get started but if you stick with it, you'll read something as good as the best of Austen. I too love Pride and Prejudice and Pillars of the Earth.

Last edited by wayspooled; 12-13-2009 at 08:50 AM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote