View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandt99 View Post
Using "Add from directories, .... (Multiple books per directory...)" does not. You get incorrect (only from internal book file) metadata/cover.
I just demonstrated for you, using a txt file, and you agreed, that adding multiple books per directory does read metadata from the opf file.

Futhermore, writing metadata to PDF files has always updated title, author and keywords fields, so I dont see how its possible you have PDF files that were saved with old metadata, unless you explicitly turned off updating metadata. What was changed in 1.25 was that *additional* metadata was written to PDF files as XMP metadata, the writing of the fields in the info dictionary was not changed.

So, again, I cannot reproduce anything you claim. Posting screenshots is pointless. zip up a directory that contains the files you are failing to add and attach that.

I attach here a zip file containing two books in txt format saved using save to disk into a single directory with their matching opf files and covers. Unzip that file into adirectory and add it using multiple books per directory and you will see that the metadata is correctly read for both, including the series, publisher, isbn, publish date and cover.
Attached Files
File Type: zip works.zip (63.9 KB, 263 views)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote