View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I found the following Goodreads list of the best Gothic novels. Many of them are available right here at MR though not all of course.

Best Gothic Novels

Wikipedia also has quite a list of Gothic Literature.

List of Gothic Fiction Works
I like those lists, particularly because they have both newer and older books on them. There sure are some tempting titles on them, especially newer titles I might not have thought about getting yet. Uh-oh, here we go again...

But they often don't have the really really old and obscure stuff. Probably because most people don't know they exist. Even people who study Gothic literature can't always find a copy of them. The Valancourt website mentions driving 40 hours just to read old books on microfiche. Now that's devotion. I feel silly driving 45 minutes to get to a used bookstore I like, or a special sale at a bookstore. And I shouldn't feel silly.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote